May 21, 2005

The Poem!

Often I can be overheard saying "Lordy Lordy" and one evening The Kiddo and I are buzzing around our apartment and it evolved into a poem.

Note: It MUST be spoken with a southern accent.

Lordy, Lordy puddin n pie
I kissed a toad an made him cry.
I found a wart upon my lip
So I hopped aboard the very next ship.
I sailed the Ocean wide and blue
Until one day I said, "Achoo!".
When I opened my eyes I saw my friend Lou
Who said "God bless you!"

This may beat the phrase I love so much "Spectacles, Testicles, Wallet & Watch". This has been used as a comical way for Catholics to remember the correct way to do the sign of the cross, and obviously from a long time ago. I first heard it in the movie "Nuns on the Run". It is also used in reference to checking yourself as you walk out the door to make sure you have everything.