September 10, 2005

To Snuggle or Not to Snuggle?

I believe there are certain misconceptions that are still out there that are unfounded these days. For example, women want to snuggle… all the time. Not so!
I found myself being quite honest during the brief time I dated Boat Boy. One night we were lying in bed and my head was on his chest and I said,

"Is this the obligatory cuddle time?"
He just laughed.
All the while I'm dying to just roll over and go to sleep.
I said,
"Cause you know were gonna roll over in a few minutes and do the butt snuggle."
"The butt snuggle?"
"Yeah, when you rollover, go to sleep and only your butts are touching."
I guess my ex husband trained me well. Plus if you were comfortable enough to fall asleep with your head on his chest (yeah right) it would be embarrassing if you drooled all over him.

In the movie When Harry Met Sally, Harry says,
"You meet someone, you have the safe lunch, you decide you like each other enough to move on to dinner, you go dancing, you do the white man's overbite, you go back to her place, you have sex, and the minute you're finished, you know what goes through your mind? How long do I have to lie here and hold her before I can get up and go home? Is thirty seconds enough?"

Women are thinking the same thing… at least I do!

The character, Miranda, said a similar thing in the show Sex And The City. Maybe in the past women were needy like that and maybe some still are but today I believe women are much stronger and more independent. It seems men are becoming the more sensitive of the species… or at least faking it.

So many men say, or state, on Match.com, that they enjoy taking long walks on the beach but when was the last time you saw a hot single guy walking down the beach alone?