November 12, 2006

Stoopid damn movie made me cry!

Well… It was more like my eyes welled up… I hate that crying crap.

I just watched The Lake House. These two people communicate via the Lake House's mailbox while living the same day but two years apart. I know that is confusing as hell and I thought the whole premises was ridiculous. I don't know why I put it on my Netflix list cause I don't normally go for the chick flick, romantic type thing. Maybe it was just curiosity. This movie is about two people who are meant for each other and they are patiently waiting.

"They reveal more of themselves to one another with each passing week – their secrets, their doubts and dreams, until they find themselves falling in love.
Determined to bridge the distance between them at last and unravel the mystery behind their extraordinary connection, they attempt fate by arranging to meet."
I love that there was so much of downtown Chicago shown in this movie. I love those buildings… The old and the new. The Lake House that is referenced is amazingly beautiful too. It reminds me of Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater. Definitely on my Places To See list.


The tag line for this movie is: "How do you hold on to someone you've never met?"

Sounds like and online dating story.

Maybe it got me verklempt because it hits kinda close to home with my past experiences. You know you need to let go but can't help but hold out hope.