December 13, 2006

I don't want to do the shopping because I want to enjoy the rest of it

Sunday night Mini Red and I went to get our Christmas Tree. I ended up spending more than expected but it all went to a good cause… The Bethesda Firehouse.

On our way home we started singing, as we often do, and decided to take our poem and sing it to the tune of We Three Kings, which happens to be my favorite holiday song. We had ourselves in hysterics and must have sung it at least five times.

I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the decorations around town. I'm not a big fan of the colored lights and feel the white lights are better at accenting wherever they are hanging and give an elegant feel. The icicle type white lights always look so beautiful on the Victorian homes. Old Town Alexandria always looks beautiful down King Street with all the white lights in the trees and I think Bethesda does some of that too. There are some trees at the corner of Woodmont and Wisconsin, at the edge of Bethesda, which I just can't get enough of. It's all so simple but I find it absolutely beautiful.
Now I just need to finish my shopping and there's no time for baking cookies. Help!