January 22, 2007

It was supposed to be a relaxing weekend... All in all I guess it was

Saturday my goal was to sleep and get rejuvenated. I even got some Excedrin PM to help. See I’ve had these elbow issues for some time now and I’ve been in Physical Therapy. It was going really well until I got back from Chicago. My Physical Therapist is now working on my neck and after he pointed this out I realized that my neck has been bothering me again and usually it’s from stress. You would think my neck would have bothered me prior to the holidays considering all the stress, but it didn’t. I’ve also realized some of my issues are due to the computer and primarily the mouse. Yeah work doesn't help the stress either (*sarcasm*).

I’m kinda embarassed even going into therapy at this point because it seems it’s my stress and I’m just frustrating the PT guy. I’m the type of person that usually avoids the doctor but PT is something I haven’t missed because this painful arm is something I’ve dealt with for far too long. I can hardly carry anything anymore and I’m thankful Mom got me a cart as a Christmas gift. Damn I’m feeling old.

I can’t let the computer cause this issue either. This week I will start my first college course, Intro to Graphic Design. I am so excited about this class but I’m nervous too. I’m betting the nervousness will pass after the first class. I just don’t know what to expect.

So I was able to sleep in on Saturday and bum around. I fell asleep again and was up at strange hours. I took an Excedrin PM and chilled out on the couch when I noticed I had missed a call. “Who would be calling me at 3:30 in the morning”, I thought. Then the home phone rang and it was Mini Red. She was upset and sitting in the car because her Dad’s house had a fire. They were very lucky and caught it early but it was very scary. I kept saying, “Let me come pick you up”, but she said, “No”. I just wanted to have her home safe with me. After I got off the phone with her I realized it was a good thing because I had taken that Excedrin PM. Then I was glad I had taken it because I might have stayed awake worrying about Mini Red. She was ok she wanted to stay and support her Dad and his wife. What an awesome kid she is.

Sunday was another relaxing day and I was just trying to keep from bugging Mini Red to come home early. So I headed out to see Pan’s Labyrinth. What a cool movie and definitely not for kids cause it had some real gruesome moments.

Afterwards I headed out to pick up Mini Red and this was not easy due to the snow. I left at 4pm and didn’t get back until 7:30. The crazies were definitely out. I think part of the issue with snow in the DC area is there are so many people from so many different places that live here. So when it snows people who aren’t used to it just freak out.

On our way home I told Mini Red the story of Pan’s Labyrinth, which made the time fly by. We then stopped and picked up one of our favorite meals from El Pollo Rico so we could relax together after her crazy weekend.

Mini Red doesn’t have school tomorrow but I’m hoping I don’t have to go into work.