February 5, 2007

Mini Red's Birthday celebration

Last weekend Mini Red had three friends over to celebrate her birthday. We all met at Build-A-Bear and the girls all got bears and matching BFF t-shirts. How cute! As I watched the girls run around the store and do their thing I couldn’t help but cringe at how old they are now. Mini Red is officially a PRE-TEEN!

I think I’m having heart palpitations. I am so thankful to have her, she is my life but I imagine she just might be my death too! Hahaha. She is just growing too fast and I can’t believe I’m old enough to be her mother. I always thought I would have more than one child but some people don’t/can’t get as far as I have. So I am thankful for what I have.

After Build-A-Bear All three friends were spending the night at our place. Earlier in the day I took Mini Red to the store to pick out the junk food she wanted. She picked Ho Hos, Twinkies, Oatmeal Creme Pies, Popcorn, Coke and we ordered Dominos when got back with all the girls.

Their night started by putting on the movie Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. They attacked me with pillows as I yelled, “I’m the Mama, I’m the Mama go back to your room!” They did a fashion show after putting makeup on each other. They surrounded me again in hopes of doing my make up. With this I covered my face and yelled, “I’m the Mama, I’m the Mama go back to your room!” I don’t know why they kept trying to pull me into their little party. They even wanted me to watch the next movie with them and asked Mini Red if I could sleep in there with them. I don’t know why they think I’m the cool Mom. It’s not like I gave them beer it was just junk food.

Mini Red has a loft bed with a bed underneath and we set up a queen size blow up mattress. When I went to wake up the girls the next morning all four of them were crammed and crashed on the blow up mattress. It was absolutely adorable!

The parents were coming to pick them up and we got a call from one of the girl’s step-father. Guess who that was? He wanted to speak to me. Oye! I didn’t want to talk to him but what am I supposed to do? I answered and he apologized and explained that in his line of business he gets crank calls all the time.

I said, “I understand that but you started by screaming at me and then hung up.”

He started to give me another excuse and I wasn’t about to get into a pissing contest with him so I said, “Let’s just say its water under the bridge and leave it at that?” This was agreeable to him, thank goodness, because I didn’t want to hear all the lame excuses he was ready to throw down.

These girls Mini Red had over are adorable and sweet and I think they all had a fabulous time. The most important part is Mini Red had a great time and it was everything she wanted.