May 14, 2007

Mother's Day weekend in review

Friday was a jam packed day! After work there was a family BBQ for a little one’s birthday and they had some awesome food. The weather was great and it was nice to visit outside while the kids played.

My sister was heading to The Harp and Fiddle to meet up with some friends and I was going to meet up with some of my friends. This was the first time my sister got to see Scythian live and as always Scythian didn’t disappoint. Just check out the photos.



It wasn’t til later on in the evening I saw the drummer at the bar. Mrs. M and I approached him for a photo op. He said he needed a drink first so we waited... And waited… I said, “Forget it I’m not gonna stand here like an idiot. I don’t need a photo that bad.” Living in DC you do see celebrities every so often and the thought of approaching anyone is out of the question in my book. Liquid courage is the only reason I have gone for photos with Scythian and definitely isn’t my thing to do. I definitely won’t be asking for any more photo ops or worrying about completing the set. Mind you this doesn’t change my status as a fan.

I finally arrived home about 2am after a trip to Tastee Diner. At this point I had been up for over 23 hours and need some serious sleep and sleep I did. I slept til 12:30 the next afternoon. I felt much better.

Saturday afternoon brought a housewarming BBQ for my sister’s at her new place in Glover Park. Her place is great and it just reminds me she isn’t so little anymore. She is 13 years younger than me and the baby of the family. I think Dad has the hardest time with her growing up. They had a great turn out of family and friends. Most of the neighborhood is young and someone is always having a party. I couldn't help but feel bad for one set of neighbors who were trying to have a romantic meal in their back yard and we had this party going on. On top of that the Cornhole game going on in the back alley was getting rowdy because Dad was kicking everyone's ass.

The only pictures I took there were of the mating ladybugs. They had a view of the game and were getting it on. At least sex is happening somewhere.

Must be 18 years or older to view the photo below.
Sunday brought Mother’s Day. Mini Red was brought home early and we fueled the car and picked up breakfast and were on the road by 10am. We made it to Kings Dominion by 11:30 and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. I rode the Hyper Sonic and this is when I realized I should have worn my sports bra because I almost gave a nice view to those cameras they have on those rides. Good thing I brought it along just incase and Mini Red and I detoured out to the car so I could change and we could get on with the rides. She was a good look out while I did my quick change in the back seat. This made the rest of the day much easier to have the pups in check.

The drive back up 95 was slow but in the end we made it home in 2 hours. I couldn’t have asked for a better day and I believe this is the best Mother’s Day on record and I was sure to let Mini Red know. I wish this kinda day for everyone.

It was a great weekend filled with Family, Scythian, Mini Red and roller coasters. Who could ask for more?