September 27, 2007

Ever just feel like Cod?

Last night Mini Red had swimming and I had work to do so once we got home neither of us felt like making our lunches for Wednesday. I didn’t let on but I was more than happy to oblige since I’ve been having a hankering for Cod and Chips from Eamonn’s.
I just love this place! The food is good, inexpensive, they have beer and their fried snickers will cure what ails you as I proved to a few stressed girls in the office just the other week.

There was a time when I would go out to lunch everyday but it hurt my wallet and I wasn’t appreciating what's around me here in Old Town Alexandria. Plus all I was eating were salads from Cosi and I was there so often that they would start making my salad as I walked through the door. I guess I’m a creature of habit. My first visit to Eamonn’s was quite a bit after it had opened and when I walked in the Hot Young’un behind the counter said “Ohhh you’re cheating on Cosi!” That's because he used to work there.

For some reason this dude always remembers me and always asks where I've been. I guess the red hair makes me stick out like a sore thumb. I do have to say that the hot young’uns all patronize this place so I don’t mind placing my order and hanging out to wait. It’s well worth it.

So if you’re in Old Town you need to stop by Eamonn’s and try some Cod. The Chesapeake Tartar is the best one and tell 'em Red sent ya.