May 5, 2006

Cougars, The Hunters or the Prey?

In my office's ritualistic walk to Starbucks this morning, Trish and I were discussing Life of Red and the "Hot Young'un". I suggested she check out the developing discussions with Menace in the comments section. Seems Menace and I have both made realizations as to how the next generation views… hmmmm…. Sex and the older woman.

Well, Trish tells me " MILFs are out "Cougars are in". I must have had a strange look on my face because I had no idea what she was talking about. Cougar? The animal? What is a Cougar? Evidently, the discussion, and definition, of "Cougar" is everywhere including the Morning Shows.

"MILFs are out "Cougars are in." say the College Boys. I find this a bit strange since MILF always seemed to be a statement or label placed on someone, where as this college website defines Cougar as a way of life.

Urban Cougar defines the cougar into groups, or should I say packs. Valerie Gibson has written a book about Cougars. Ms. Gibson says that Joan Collins started this trend and it has become more popular today, which is evident by Demi Moore, Cameron Diaz, Susan Sarandon, to name a few. She goes on to explain that the Cougars are not only the hunters but also the prey that are seeked out by the younger men

And Urban Dictionary has a plethora (I love this word) of definitions for