November 9, 2006

It's back! It's Back! Red is Back!

You know the Holiday Season is upon us when Starbucks brings out the RED CUPS! I'm so frigging excited! I don't nearly enjoy the holiday season as much as I did when I was a kid. I love Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and seeing my ENTIRE family. It's a blast!

It's the shopping I don't like. Figuring out what to get someone and figuring out how I'm gonna pull the money outta my ass THIS year.

I always make it happen because it's all about Mini Red. I want her to have what I had Christmas mornings and this is why I have kept up the traditions we had as I was growing up. Mini Red is aware of the magic of Christmas and keeps it on the down low to make me happy.

This is where I get really sad. All my life Christmas has been about the kiddies. My brother and sister are 10 and 13 years younger than me so when I was older I loved watching them. Soon they grew up and I had Mini Red. I not only got to watch her but I made it happen for her, it just don't get no better than that. Mini Red is getting older and I can still make those Christmas mornings awesome for her but my life no longer gets to experience the joys of the little ones and taking them to sit on Santa's lap. I had always hoped to have more children but I'm most grateful for the one I have I just want her to stay little forever.

Last year was the first year Mini Red and I had our own tree since our new place was big enough. There was much deliberation to pick our perfect tree. Once we decided we called the skinny boy over who picked up our tree, wrapped it up and carried to my car. I opened the trunk (of my old car), where I kept everything, planning on fitting the tree in the trunk through to the backseat. The dude looked at me and I said, "Yeah… I got a lotta junk… in my trunk." I think it was all he could do to contain his laughter.

The past few years there is another tradition that just gets me so damn excited… The Starbucks Holiday Red Cups. I don't know what it is but it just perks me up. This morning I got my first Red Cup of the season I guess this means I have to go shopping soon.