October 25, 2007

His Phoenix was Flaming

An article in the LA Times states J.K Rowling “had always imagined one of the main characters in the "Harry Potter" series -- Albus Dumbledore -- to be gay.”

WTF?!?!

Does his sexual orientation really matter? It sounds to me like the LA Times was in need of something to fill space on their pages and latched onto something Rowling might have said in passing. They go into great detail pulling out all the clues in the series confirming that Rowling wrote Dumbledore with his homosexuality in mind.

They interviewed the Head of the Harry Potter Alliance. I can’t believe such an organization exists. This head guy, Andrew Slack, point out seven clues that indicate Dumbledore’s sexual orientation. I find them a bit far fetched but I think my favorite is when they said, “Albus Dumbledore" is an anagram of "Male bods rule, bud!"

Well that’s a bit of a reach wouldn’t you say?

For the full article: Seven clues that 'Potter's' Dumbledore was gay