June 25, 2007

It was another great weekend at the beach

Dad and I walked the boards Saturday morning to some perfect weather. Not to hot and a nice breeze. We beat our time and walked the 2.25 miles in 33 minutes.


We spent a few hours on the beach before grabbing a late lunch. We all went our separate ways. Dad took a nap while watching TV, Mom worked on her beading and Sis was talking about heading up to the pool on the roof. I laid down to wait for her but crashed and woke about two hours later with only a few minutes to pull myself together so we could all head over to Seacrets and check out the plethora of live bands on the roster for the rest of the day and evening.

We checked the place out and grabbed a drink. Some old woman got mad at Sis for sitting in her seat but Sis had been sitting there for some time and the woman had said nothing of it. We moved to a table near the water and Mom was tickled to find her favorite school teacher up to his old antics for the summer. I now call him “Mom’s Seacret Summer Boy”. Every once in a while Dad and Sis would go inside and check out the Jim Long Band plus I think this gave Dad a chance to check out the bevy of beauties that abounded. We even bumped into some friends and fellow Clemson fans.

My drink of the late afternoon was the famous Pain in the Ass. These are some fabulous frozen drinks and I think I should have passed on the last one. Well I did pass on the last one but I mean the one before that. We decided we were done and it was obvious the late afternoon crowd was leaving and the early evening people were arriving. The early evening people are older and take hours to get dressed a/k/a Cougars. The next round of younger crowd usually arrive around 11pm

We made our way home just a few blocks away. Dad was done and headed off to bed. Sis wanted to watch a movie and decided on Borat. I wanted to go to bed but knew if I hit the hay at that point then I would have to sleep with one foot on the floor to keep the room from spinning. We hadn’t gotten far into the movie when I noticed I had a message. I went into my room to check it out and the next thing I knew it was 1 in the morning. I didn’t remember climbing into bed but I got up and changed and had a hard time getting back to sleep.

This morning Sis tells me she found me passed out fully clothed and on top of my covers with the lights on. She turned the lights out and shut the door and proclaimed me the winner of the Cootie Brown Award. At least I was pretty tame and the headache I had on Saturday was definitely gone by Sunday morning.

The drive home was much better than it was two weeks ago due to a horrible accident. I did run into some traffic on the Bay Bridge but I don’t mind being stopped on the bridge because it gives me a chance to look around. I love that bridge!

Next weekend we are going back and this will be Mini Red’s first trip of the summer. Oh that reminds me I have to schedule her surf lessons for August. She has talked about trying that and I can’t wait to see her in action.